The Church of the Ascension is an Anglican Church offering worship in English, and serving greater Munich and Bavaria. We welcome people of all nationalities to join our community and share in our journey towards a deeper knowledge of God as revealed in Jesus Christ. Our sister churches also offer services in Augsburg and Nuremberg.
The Church of the Ascension was founded in 1903 and in 1970 we moved to our present location in Harlaching, where we are guests of the Evangelical Lutheran parish, Emmauskirche. Our parish is registered according to German law as an “Eingetragener Verein” (e.V.).
The Church of the Ascension is under the jurisdiction of the Convocation of Episcopal Churches in Europe, which comes under the umbrella of Province Two of the Episcopal Church U.S.A. and is part of the Anglican Communion.
The Bishop responsible for the Convocation is the Presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church, the Most Reverend Michael Curry. His Suffragan Bishop, who is in charge of the Convocation, is the Right Reverend Mark D.W. Edington, whose office is housed at the Cathedral in Paris.